Miss Wigan, Abbie Green, Qualifies for the Miss England Grand Final
Miss Wigan, Abbie Green, competed in the Miss England Semi Finals at Champneys this week, Abbie competed against 54 other girls in attempt to gain a place in the Miss England grand final.
Abbie was awarded one of these place and will now go forward to the Miss England Final which is held at the Birmingham, Hilton Metropole July 18th and 19th! Congratulations to Abbie!
There were 5 different rounds at the Semi finals including the boot camp round, which replaced the old swimwear parade, interviews, talent round and the catwalk rounds where girls modeled their own ECOWEAR and Eveningwear. The eco round saw the girls wear outfits made from recycled materials, and outfits purchased from charity shops around the country. All the contestants took part in a fund raising challenge and raised an amazing figure of over £6,000 for the Beauty with a Purpose round. The top fund raiser was crowned the Beauty with a Purpose winner.
Four girls won Fast track places to the Miss England final were:
• 21 Georgina Denton / South East Beauty winner/Miss Hook was the Top fundraiser
• 03 Jenna Horgan / Miss Plymouth who was chosen as Miss Champneys
• 13 Amy Spinks / Miss Norwich who won the Sportswoman Award
• 55 Shiralee Gould / Miss Weymouth was the Public Vote Winner
Judges on the day included EGGHEADS STAR & Actor CJ De Mooi, the current Miss England Jessica Linley, Birmingham Model agent Alan Sharman; Philip Sharp Director of Great Lengths hair sponsors for Miss England, Editor of Love it! Magazine Jo Checkley, Dena Coleman former 70s beauty queen, her daughter Laura Coleman former Miss England 2008 and photographer Charlie Kaufman from the Fresh Academy. The judges on the day voted for a further ten girls to go forward to the national final .
The ten girls were:
• 20 Amy Willerton / Miss Bath City
• 28 Alexandra Devine / Miss Harrogate & District
• 30 Roxanne Smith / Online Popularity Winner
• 31 Margarita Nazarenko / Miss South West London
• 36 Abbie Green / Miss Wigan
• 46 Katie Farr / Miss University
• 49 Sophie-Leigh Anderson / Miss Fylde Coast
• 52 Harriet Noakley / Miss Blackburn
• 54 Hannah Gray / Miss Newcastle
• 57 Hollie Robinson / Miss Preston Runner Up
The 14 girls who were awarded a place in the grand final will now join the other finalists to compete for the Miss England title. The Grand final will see 60 national finalist from all over the country participate in the finals of Miss England on 18th & 19th July which are being held at the Birmingham Hilton Metropole at the NEC. One winner on the 19th will represent the nation at the 61st Miss World, which has a top prize of $100k which will take place in London.